I have been involved in the development of education, research and practice models of complementary health since 1981. I have collaborated with individuals, communities, schools, churches, corporations, physicians and multidisciplinary healthcare teams to integrate complementary therapies into best practice for the assessment, care of imbalances, education and nurturing of optimal well being for all ages and stages of people specific to their needs.
My experience includes:
- Collaborated in the creation of The Center for Alternative Medicine in Charleston, West Virginia and coordinating operations, budget, programs, staffing and the spectrum of care offered by an interdisciplinary group of staff and practitioners. Provided holistic assessment of all new patients and created disease-specific clinical pathways which included complementary practices yielding new models of health care.
- Served as Interim Executive Director for the The American Holistic Nurses’ Association, Flagstaff Arizona from 1998-1999 in which I reorganized corporate structure, budget, conference dynamics and provided strategic planning and organizational development for organizational viability. Coordinated national headquarters and day to day operations, working closely with education, mentoring, research and practice initiatives.
- Partnered with Ohio Health Corporation and Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus, Ohio in corporate strategic planning for the future of healthcare.
- As a Healthcare Forum Fellow and mentored by Leland Kaiser, The National Civic League and Trevor Hancock, MD, led the design of the community assessment tool and helped to promote “Healthy Columbus 2000”.
- Defined and initiated the “Parish Nurse Outreach Program” for Columbus so healthcare could be easily accessible in the community.
- Created the series “Caregiver as an Instrument of Healing” highlighting and describing the concept of Presence as a basis of all practice for professional staff at Riverside Methodist Hospital. Subsequently, published the essence of presence.
- Created the interdisciplinary team dynamics and systemic adaptation of the “Pain, Comfort and Healing Initiative” at Riverside which was presented as a national model of the care of a patient in pain which included an integration of the best of western medicine and created a menu of researched integrative therapies to provide a menu of options for the patient in pain.
- Coordinated and led the curriculum design team for K-12 which incorporated whole person well being into the New Albany School Systems.
- Co-created the “WorkHealth” program for corporate health for US Health Corporation and its subsidiaries.
- Served as an adviser to universities in strategically planning the interface of integrative health in program development for professionals and the creation of centers for integrative medicine.
- Advising individual practitioners in creating evidence based pathways to disease which include a complement of approaches and integration of world wide models of best practice to determine cause and cure of imbalances.
I welcome the opportunity to co-create with professionals the next level of insight into addressing imbalances and achieving optimum outcomes for the people we serve.
A resume and list of publications and presentations are available upon request.